Friday, September 5, 2008

My swinging monkey

I never thought my journey of painting would be so difficult. I am having to get better at my drawing skills first because my proportions have been a little off. It took me a long time to get this monkey right. The arm still is a little longer than I would have liked but for now I think it will do. I do like the tree and the polka dots and the colors, I know my skill for color hasn't gone totally away. I do have to say that this one was Austin's favorite, he is really into monkeys right now. I hope you all enjoy! Please tell me what you think of this one. 

5 comments:

macdaddy said...

Joanna:

Best monkey I've seen. Much better than Curious George, King Louie, Aladdin's Abu, Grape Ape, Magilla Gorilla, King Kong, or any of those other primates.

Great job!

Hank

karen louise said...

Jo! I love any art you do--I think you are amazing and have a special talent!!! Love you!

Ron and Anna said...

Joanna Dear,
No worries. Monkeys normally appear to have longer arms in proportion to their bodies. The fact that he is hanging there shows no distortion. I discovered that when I went to work on a project, be it sewing, writing or art work I prayed to have the ability to do it the very best with divine guidance. You probably already do that since your art work is AMAZING, and perfect! I LOVE IT!
Love, Anna

Ron and Anna said...

P.S. I like your blog photo of yourself. It is a beautiful version of you Joanna. Really. Michael took it right?
Anna

Unknown said...

Um, Hi Joanna. This is Shanda (Freeman) McHenry. My sister, Kira, gave me your blog info through Lisa Moll. Love your artwork! Send me your email and I'll invite you to our blog. floridamchenry@hotmail.com
It's fun to catch up.