Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My paper flower painting


I finally have another painting! I am very excited about it because it was for my dear friend Amy. We went to visit them this weekend and I was very excited to see if it would go well in her room. It did and she loved it. The flowers were pieced together with tiny little pieces of paper and then deco-paged together and then the middle of the flowers were made out of sand and then painted and then the leaves were out of paper. The tree sticks were also pieced together with paper. The background was painted with crackle and then an antique finish. It turned out awesome and I am happy that it has a good home.

5 comments:

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

wow thats pretty amazing. how long did it take you?

Tami Harris said...

That is beautiful!! You are so incredibly talented. I sure love my necklace, I wear it lots!

karen louise said...

Jo you are soo good! I love seeing your work, and I miss your art around me like it was so much when we were roomies :( You are awesome!

liso. said...

Wow, it looks gorgeous! I love it - i'm not surprised it went well with her room - you picked good colors that would look good in most rooms, I think. Love your talent!

Dominoe said...

Joanna! I'm crazy in love with your art! You are AMAZING! You should post the one you were working on tonight - I wanna see the final project. :)