Friday, August 22, 2008

The Frog's Lilly Pad


This painting was fun. I love realistic things and abstract things put together in a painting. It makes for wonderful contrast. I painted the frog first and then put the circles in later. I wanted to incorporate this paper that I found some how. I love the colors on the paper very natural and earthy and so I thought I would make it a representation of lilly pads, and so to make it look like the frog was hopping around on some abstract lilly pads. It was a lot of work I messed up a few times but I like to say "I like how it turned out". Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Kevin and DeNiel said...

I love it!--Mom

Shaunell said...

I love your stuff!! It was fun to see you at Walmart, if only for a few minutes. I'm sad that's all I got to see you...

Lindsay said...

Joanna, I'm so excited that you are painting again! You have such an amazing talent. I love this one.

Lindsay said...

Hey Joniequa...I mean...Joniel, it's Dan and I just wanted to say that you're cool. I like your paintings. I didn't even know you had this talent. I thought you were the ceramics Queen! Are you going to take pictures of pottery and other things from the past? I'm sure everyone wants to see them too.
--You're favorite brother-in-law!

Ron and Anna said...

Joanna,
I love your art! Is it for sale? Did you know that Frogs represent prosperity? This would be a great feng shui item. I like the subtly of your colors and how they blend. Is it water color medium or what?
Candice likes frogs too.
I love our art blog too. Amazing.
Love, Anna